Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

Sweet Old-Fashioned Jumper

On a trip to Mary Joe's taken back in the summer, I found this lovely old-fashioned print and just couldn't pass it up. Originally I though it would make charming clothespin bags. And it would have. It was made by Cranston/The Flavia Company for Quilting Treasures. It seems to be from the Bessie Pease collection. No wonder I loved it!


The jumper design was inspired by this image. It is an image from an old pattern. It looks rather Edwardian, doesn't it?

Here is a close-up of the bodice. In my next post I will show you the chemise under it.

I always enjoy seeing another lady wearing feminine clothing. They stand out. They arrest my attention and cheer me up. One time in particular, I remember a woman of about 30 walking through Wal Mart. She immediately caught my eye for she had on a hat. It was not frilly or out of place in the least. It was just an everyday felt hat that looked sharp on her, and seemed to be a natural part of who she was. If I remember correctly, she was wearing a lavender sweater which looked so lovely with her brown skin, and a neutral skirt. She looked sharp ~ I think she must have been sharp!








Here's the back view. The chemise makes this type of jumper wearable.
I will be doing some posts in the next couple of weeks showing some ideas for pretty, feminine garments. I will be doing a group of posts called "A Study In White".

No comments: