Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Early Spring Blessings



This past Friday, a surprise package arrived by Post. It was from my dear friend, Paula. She sent all the things that delight me! She has been busy stitching and sewing her gentle and sweet thoughts into the beautifully done wall quilt you see above. I don't know when I last saw such perfect embroidery. You will be inspired to go visit her blog and see how she occupies her time. She obviously delights in keeping her home as the scriptures say, and loving her family by doing it.


The box was full of delights!



Her exquisite taste is represented by her selection of note papers!


Here are a few of the early spring flowers we find coming up around our home. If anyone can identify this for me, I would be glad. I suspect it is a Dutch Iris.




Aren't these sweet?


Linden Rose


Unidentified. Extremely aromatic!

Daffodil


Another daffodil


A naturalized clump of daffodils

My favorite flower.
A Violet with a tiny bud.

"All Thy works shall praise Thee, O Lord, and Thy saints shall bless Thee."
Psalm 149

2 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Sharon,

You are so precious! Thank you for all your kind words!

I enjoyed the gorgeous flowers blooming all round your lovely homestead. Isn't the Lord so very good to bless us with so many beautiful things to enjoy? How wonderful these flowers appear year after year each spring. Spring is my most favorite season! Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers with me! I love the verse!!!

Sharon said...

Paula,
You are O so very welcome. They are all true.
I love spring also! Isn't it just like our dear Father to heap such beauty upon the earth after a season of sleep!
Sharon