Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wedding Bells In The Air

The wedding of Ryan and Ashley quickly approaches. The biggest project has been her bridal gown. I've been anticipating this project for a number of years, and it has been with joy that Ashley and I have been able to work on it together. I can't tell you how bitter-sweet this time has been.

Cutting out the lace.





Remember to always pin perpendicular to the cutting line and diagonally in the corners..


The lace on the dress had to be sewn down by hand.


For about two weeks, we had a daily rendezvous in the sewing room!



The fabric is Duchess Silk. It was wonderfully willing to obey!



We sewed the hem in by hand. We had to make the finest pricks in order for the stitches not to show on the outside.
We sure enjoyed working on the gown together, but were sure glad when it was done and we could admire our work! We decided that the gown looks it's loveliest when it is on Ashley. The hanger is a sad model.

I'll post pictures after the wedding so you can see the gown.

2 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Sharon,

Ooh, I'm so excited for your family! Congratulations to all; I pray that the Lord will bless the new family with all the happiness He can bestow.

The wedding gown is sure to be lovely; sewn with much love.

Love,

Marquet

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,

I'm finally getting around to reading some blogs - after the wedding, I seem to have some extra time!! Ashley's dress was absolutely beautiful. You and Ashley did a tremendous job with it. The bridesmaids' dresses also complimented her dress well. I truly appreciate your creative talents!

Nanci Pelc