Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Hymn For The Lord's Day



I sing the mighty power of God, that make the mountains rise;
That spread the flowing seas abroad, and build the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at His command, and all the stars obey.


I sing the goodness of the Lord, that filled the earth with food;
He formed the creatures with His word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where'er I turn my eye:
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky!

There's not a plant or flower below, but makes Thy glories known;
And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care,
And everywhere that man can be, Thou, God, art present there.


May you have a Blessed Lord's day!

No comments: