Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Mexican Enchilada Sauce




I found this receipt a few months back on http://www.recipezaar.com It was posted by Donna Matthews.
I served it yesterday and our whole family LOVED it!
I made some brown rice and fried two pounds of ground venison with home mixed taco seasoning. I added a partial jar of salsa from Aldi. After stirring the rice and meat mixture up, I added about a cup of the sauce and filled whole wheat soft taco with it all. Of course, cheese too!
After fitting the rolled up enchiladas into a baking dish, pour the sauce over the top. Yummy!
I'm sure it would be fanitastic with any other filling you may like to concoct!

Mexican Enchilada Sauce
15 minute prep time!

3 T chili powder
3T flour
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp oregano

Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl, or medium saucepan.

3C water

Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
Pour and mix in the rest of the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly untill mixture thickens.

1 (8oz) can tomato sauce

Stir in tomato sauce.
Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Well, now that does sound good. I will have to make this for all my Darlings here at Honey Hill Farm!

Have a wonderful week,
Shan

Paula said...

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for sharing this recipe. It sounds delicious!
Blessings, Paula